Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Friday Night Sew In

Handmade by Heidi


This coming Friday night will find me in my studio!! I can not wait! I have spent all week ripping wallpaper, so this will be my prize! In fact, I plan the whole day to be dedicated to sewing/quilting/applique! I have plenty to do!



Saturday morning I am teaching a hand quilting class at our local quilt shop. I have a cap of 6, but I ended up with 7 ladies this time. I always give each of them a little homemade needle book with a basting needle and quilting between tucked inside. I will whip these up on Friday. I bought this gorgeous batik to make them out of. I don't buy batiks, but this will make a beautiful needle book and it looks like Spring to me!I also am in the middle of a big project that I hope to complete that night! I am well on my way!


I have blocks 3 and 4 cut for the Henrietta Whiskers quilt. I need to baste those, and I want to spend part of the afternoon with the UGRR in my lap. It will be a busy day of quilting and sewing! I will add a little planning in the mix too! I won these fat quarters from Debi's giveaway a while back. Since I get a nice discount at the LQS on the day I teach, I thought I would plan out my granddaughter's quilt and make a shopping list of what I need to complete it. Many of these fabrics will go into it. She wants a "Pink Star Quilt", so I will need to add some more contrast to this stack, along with a hot pink sashing and a nice border fabric. I'll grab the backing and batting while I'm at it! I'd like to have it done for her birthday in September. If you'd like to join in on the Friday Night Sew In, just click on the button at the top of this post and sign right up!!!



~Bren~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know someone is going to be thrilled with her quilt gift.
Have a lovely eve ~
TTFN~
Hugs,
Marydon